Sexual assault, or rape, is a crime of violence, power, and control. The SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) staff knows how difficult it is for victims to cope with the trauma and aftermath of such an attack, both physically and emotionally.
The mission of the SANE facility at Baptist Easley Hospital is to meet the needs of the victim through immediate, compassionate, and comprehensive forensic evaluation and treatment by trained, professional nurses.
SANE nurses do this by:
- Ruling out life threatening injuries.
- Providing physical and emotional support.
- Gathering forensic evidence for legal purposes.
- Providing protection from pregnancy and venereal disease.
Our SANE facility offers:
- Examination by a professionally trained registered nurse.
- Crisis intervention.
- Professional forensic evidence collection.
- Documentation, evaluation, and treatment.
- Referral for immediate follow-up medical care