The Baptist Easley Hospital Board, in conjunction with their Hospital Foundation, created an endowed scholarship fund to honor former hospital CEO Roddey E. Gettys, III. Mr. Gettys retired in February 2013 after 43 years of distinguished service to Baptist Easley Hospital. The Roddey E. Gettys, III Clinical Scholarship Endowment Fund was initiated to provide scholarships for individuals interested in pursuing a career in healthcare, and to perpetuate Gettys’ legacy of clinical excellence and patient-focused service now synonymous with Baptist Easley Hospital.
The Baptist Easley Hospital Foundation will award the Gettys Clinical Scholarship prior to the 2017-2018 academic year based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a commitment to pursue a career in healthcare by completing at least one full academic year (30 semester credits) in a healthcare-related discipline.
- Be in good academic standing at the time of application and on track to graduate in a healthcare related discipline.
- Be enrolled in an Accredited or Board-Approved healthcare-related curriculum in a associates degree program, a four-year degree program, or a post-graduate program.
- Demonstrate a commitment to community service.
- Be a full-time resident of Pickens, Anderson, Greenville, or Oconee County in South Carolina.
You may access the application at the link below.